Saturday, January 22, 2011

Skydrive for document storage.

Well, we always need more and more space. Dropbox is giving 2GB, but that's enough to store only important documents. What about those backups. and those pics. How about HD videos. With new Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro, you can do HD videos. and I have the Sony CX100, which shoots 1080p videos. I have documents from all over the places.

Then I found skydrive from MS. I downloaded the skydrive explorer, which can be used for copy pasting the documents to the online drive. After few days of uploading, Bing will index your files and you can search for things (I got scared when I was not getting any search results, 1-2 days are uploading. then the idea clicked my mind that it takes time for indexing). 25GB is good enough for now. But those HD videos should still be happy on my HDD/DVD since 25 will get filled up very soon if i upload all my HD videos.

What I should be doing is that, I should upload all my 720p videos from Vivaz to youtube and keep it private. That way I get unlimited storage for my videos (i think there is not limitation on the number of uploads to youtube).

No comments: