Friday, January 28, 2011

Linksys PAP2 Caller ID / Call display troubleshooting

Many may experience this problem. I have Linksys PAP2 which I'm using along with Freephoneline. When I call somebody, it was showing my number. But when they call me, I was not able to see their name or phone number (call display was not working). It was very frustrating. I troubleshot with FPL tech support. They were not able to figure out why, even though they said the phone is working fine. I was thinking that there is some problem with the configuration. Note that I am using a telus High speed internet connection.

After attempting so many things, I finally changed the caller ID method in the Regional tab (advanced view) to DTMF(Finland,Sweden). It solved all the problems. Note that the phone used is Siemens Gigaset DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone System. The settings may be different for other phones. Good luck troubleshooting.

Update: I recently upgraded my internet connection to telus high speed 25 mbps connection. They provided a new modem/router ( V1000H ). Now my caller ID again stopped working. This time around I had to change the Caller ID method to ETSI FSK WITH PR (UK). Caller ID FSK standard is still bell 202.

1 comment:

cmo said...

Thanks, I have a Linksys PAP with a VTech Dect 6 cordless phone and Caller ID wasn't working. This fixed it!