Thursday, June 16, 2011

Screen fit in Sharp aquos LC-60E78UN.

I bought this new Sharp Aquos 60" TV. It is connected to an HTPC having Windows 7. When I switched on the computer, TV was able to show 1080p resolution, however, I was not able to see the edges. In other words, the Windows button was not visible. The borders of other Windows were not visible, if maximized.

Now the solution is simple. The TV is defaulted to some crazy zoom mode (I think they say smart zoom). If you change to "dot by dot" (aka 'Screen fit' or 'Just Scan' or 'pixel by pixel'), life will be good. The screen will be fully visible. It directly maps the incoming image to the TV screen's pixels, eliminating overscan and other possible processing. This is the best option for seeing movies.

In the Sharp TV remote, Press View Mode and select Dot by Dot (full screen).More details on page 59 of your Sharp LC-60E78UN manual.

2 comments:

Ethan Prater said...

Thank you! Was struggling with this, trying to adjust all kinds of settings on the PC, the receiver, and the television. This tip did it.

Rock on.

James Abram said...

Thank you! I'm glad that I saw your post! Really helpful to use my Sharp Smart TV.